To celebrate the kitchen reveal this week, we’ve got some great recipes for you, thanks to Panasonic!
If you’re looking for a classic and simple chicken wings recipe, then look no further! These tasty and tender wings with a delightful crispy coating are great served with baked potatoes and greens. They are sure to be a massive hit with the whole family!
- 4 lb/ 2 kg chicken wings, cut into wingettes and drumettes
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- Oil spray
- If you are organised enough, uncover the chicken wings and leave them in the fridge for a few hours to dry out. Otherwise, use a paper towel to pat the wings dry.
- Adjust oven racks to upper-middle and lower-middle positions.
- Preheat oven to 120C.
- Line a baking tray with foil, and then place a rack (like a cooling rack) on the foil. Spray the rack with oil spray.
- Place wings in a large bowl or in a zip lock bag. Add the baking powder and salt, and then toss to coat evenly.
- Place the wings on the baking tray in a single layer with the skin side up. They should just fit snugly (they will shrink when they cook so don’t worry if they look too snug).
- Place wings on the lower middle oven rack and bake for 30 minutes.
- Move wings up to the upper middle rack and increase the oven temperature to 220C. Bake for 40 – 50 minutes, rotating the tray halfway through.
- Remove baking tray from the oven and let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Toss wings in sauce of choice, we recommend Culley’s Chicken Wing Sauce, then serve.